How can I add a new appointment on behalf of a client?
Before you add a new appointment on behalf of a client, please make sure to double check with them that they have saved a credit or debit card in their account. If they haven't saved their card, they can do so at any time in their client account by navigating to shop > payment methods. This article explains how to add and save a card to a client's account.
1. Your Appointments tab is accessible anywhere on the page. Click ‘Appointments’ from the black toolbar at the topmost portion of your page.
2. You are now taken to the Wordpress backend. A collapsible menu is seen on the left.
3. Add a new appointment by clicking a date on the calendar. As seen on this image, you can now see your available timeslots once you click on a date.
- Clicking on the New appointment button will allow you to add a new appointment on behalf of an existing client.
- Note that you can add a new appointment only under the time slots set as open in your calendar. You can add or remove a time slot in your calendar tab, as explained in this article: How do I add my availabilities for sessions?
You can add several information to a new appointment which includes;
- Adding the client from the drop-down list of existing customers
- Select the location (In-person, Online or by Telephone)
- Select the type of service (Individual therapy, Couple therapy, Family therapy)
- Then click on the Create appointment button.
As seen on this image, the newly created appointment will show in your calendar under the date you have booked it for.
- Finally, click on the Approve button to confirm all the information entered are correct.
- If you made a mistake and need to edit the date and/or time slot, you can perform any changes to the newly created appointment by clicking on the Edit Button (pencil icon)
The session should now be in your diary and payment will be taken from the client 48 hours before the start time of the session. If the session is in the past or in less than 48 hours time, payment will be taken immediately. If taking the payment fails for any reason, you and the client will be notified via email as soon as possible.