Why is my photo not approved?
Your profile is more likely to get a good impression by having a quality photo. It is the first thing potential new clients look at and so it creates an opportunity to communicate your brand.
The following are some factors which may get your photo rejected;
- A file greater than 8MB need to be resized or compressed.
- Blurry or low in resolution
- Cropping or uploading a group photo
Here are some tips to choosing the right profile photo;
- A recent photo. Make sure that your photo reflects how you look like on a daily basis.
- High resolution. If the picture looks a bit blurry when you upload it, you may want to opt for a different one.
- Face in frame. The point of having a profile picture is for people to see who you are. Aim to have your face filling about 60% of the space. Crop the picture from the top of your shoulders to just above your head so that your face fills the frame.
- No selfies. Get someone else to take the picture for you. You’ll probably find that your pose is more natural and comfortable.
- Smile - but don't overdo it. If you look approachable and friendly, you will get a warmer reception.
- Wear what you’d wear to work. Putting some effort to what you wear shows that you take your profession seriously. This doesn't mean that you have to go overboard.